Yjod od ejsy nromh pgg nu pmr lru ;ppld ;olr/
Can you read that? Can you translate it? Do you know what I was saying there? I've been thinking on this most of the day today...and you my readers now get to share in my thoughts. :) You know sometimes we think it's the big things that make the impact in our lives. We often don't realize how very much the little things, though not as flagrant, can really impact us. That sentence up there says:
This is what being off by one key looks like.
One key space over and a sentence went from gibberish to readable. It's not like I skipped a whole row, I simple moved over ONE key. How often in our lives, in my life, am I one key off? How often to I chose that because, well, really it's only small it's not like I'm being flagrant in sin. But oh the spiritual consequence when I give myself that small allowance. Just as the hands placed one keystroke off make for an unreadable sentence, my heart and life placed one small stride out of God's path for me, makes for stumbles and falls and frustrations. It lends itself to the situation of me rationalizing and justifying and all the while God's gently whispering ''quit wasting time, just get back in line''. And that I serve a God who stands there often in my stubbornness of proving that I'm ok, no, I'm only just a little bit off, He stands and loves me in spite of myself. Well that just makes me thankful that I have Him to guide me, that I have Him to return to when I've guided myself. That my hands when placed on the right keys will type the right words and my feet when placed in the right path will walk humbly with my God.
He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8 niv
Micah 6:8 niv
No comments:
Post a Comment