...always get me down. Or so the song goes. Well it's not rainy and generally I've never disliked Mondays so really the song has no personal application. But I did need a blog title and I like the Carpenters so there you go. :)
Today see is actually Friday in my world. The joy of your husband having constantly changing off days is that you get to desiginate your weekends when his off days fall. So see while all yall head off to work and to school tomorrow we'll be having our weekend. :) Don't you wish you were meeeeeeeee? But now next week, we go to Monday and Tuesday being off days. LOL
Why do I have a cell phone? I never use it, it s always turned off. I'm trying to be better about turning it on, but well, I'm probably just not ready for the technology. LOL
I am enjoying the Olympics :)
Thanks for all the bible study recommendations. They are much appreciated. I've done a couple of Beth Moore studies in the past and did enjoy them a lot and I also have done a few Kay Arthur studies too.
I'm kinda at a weird spot. I'm thinking on things regarding friendships and probably just overthinking things. I really admire people that have the ability and courage to be completely transparent.(note to Alicia this does not apply to you, you are my twin, so this is feelings outside of our friendship obviously lol) I have been blessed in my life to have some incredible friends. There are friendships I have that run deep but since we are at different places in our lives (and well I live at the end of the world) we can't practically nuture those friendships. But then I also have times where I feel like , was I the only one nurturing those friendships to begin with? I mean was I the one investing the most...because if not, why are they not still active? Yes we are at different places regarding our life stages...but , ugh, and now that sounds all whiney.That isn't the intent. I guess, I feel like so much has happened in the last few years and it's almost like I need to honor those friendships for what they were and pray that God will send new people along to encourage and share in this time of my life. I miss sisterhood for sure.
[After reading through this again I was struck with the idea that I definantly have issues with acceptance, in that I thnk I can honestly say I probably attributed more to the breakdown of the relationships because of my fear and lack of acceptance of where I was at that time of my life...all that while also going through some strong spiritual challenges and preferences. So in essence I probably unintionally isolated myself or avoided it all together.]
Monday, August 16, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
When I am at school we have a strage week because Steven works nights Sat. Sun. and Mon. So he gets a four day weekend but I am at school. However summer is nice then.
you said: ***After reading through this again I was struck with the idea that I definantly have issues with acceptance, in that I thnk I can honestly say I probably attributed more to the breakdown of the relationships because of my fear and lack of acceptance of where I was at that time of my life...all that while also going through some strong spiritual challenges and preferences. So in essence I probably unintionally isolated myself or avoided it all together.] ****
I think you have a great perception on life here and I can learn something from it. God seems to be pushing relationships and accepting myself in front of me a lot lately so I must discern what HE is trying to say to me.
~maria~
I saw you are losing weight, too. I think now I remember you mentioning it to me. Way to go!!! It feels sooo good!!
TGIF, Cheri! ;-)
Even though it's vague (and you're allowed to be vague!), I think I know what you are saying in your final two paragraphs here. I have some relationships (present ones excepted . . . this was an older relationship) that I wonder, "What happened?" because all contact abruptly stopped. She didn't want to exchange pleasantries with me any longer, but I knew she had other relationships that she honored. In this case, I figured out later that I wasn't "broken" enough or "flawed" enough and she was wanting a "fixer-upper." She actually preferred high maintenance people who she could RESCUE from themselves. I wasn't one of them. SO . . . I don't know if this even applies to your situation or not, but sometimes people come through our lives for whatever reason and they don't stick around in spite of how *WE* are willing to carve out a place for them in our lives and how READY we are to accept them.
If this doesn't apply to what you are sharing, feel free to ignore it! heehee
Well, first, (((((HUGS))))) This is a drive by WAH luvin for you!!!
Second, turning on your cell phone: try dancing naked. Turns my husband on, maybe it'll turn the phone on too. ;o)
Heather
womenathome.typepad.com/heather
Post a Comment