to keep me awake for the rest of the day? Ok, yeah so it's 6:50 central...I know, I know some of you early-bird-wake-up-sleepy-head-it's-a-brand-new-day-let's-watch-the-sunrise-on-a-daily-basis types are thinking, now really Cheri, it's not THAT early. But well, you are right it's not that early, except I've been up basically since 4 a.m. when Donald got up for work and Elijah decided to cheerfully start his day. OH and well Nathan my oldest, lightest, always been the non sleeper of the bunch decides that he too thinks the 5 a.m. range is a good time for greeting the day. [and yes, I know I'm the parent, yes I know I could send him back to bed, but really I mean I'm up anyway, it's not like I'm up in solitude, I'm up with a chitter chattery almost 2 year old, really Nathan is a welcome addition to the mix...he can entertain Elijah and keep him from starting fires while I'll doze in the chair and a half and drink coffee] Yes, yes that is spelled C-H-E-R-I for the mother of the year award you are currently printing out. I jest, no really I'm quiet the responsible parent, even when I'm dozing in the chair.
Let's see and now that we have that out of the way what other fascinating things can I fill your morning with???
Ah, I opened the new pack of Luvs diapers and found a $2 coupon...because OOPS they had the plastic tabs and not the new fabulous fabric like tabs. Now I know stuff like that really rocks some peoples worlds. But really, really, no really I don't care that you oops'ed and put the wrong tabs. As long as said tabs ,be they fabulously fabric like or plastic, keep the diaper on the boy I'm all satisified. I mean thanks for the coupon and all.
Why would blockbuster get a movie to sell, but not to rent? See Mickey Mouse has gone and update and re released The 3 Musketeers. It came out maybe Tuesday. So Disney channel is featuring it in all their commercials and since I basically pay for cable each month but seem to only pick up the Disney channel I know this. So anyway my boys have been inundated with the Mickey machine and felt their lives really wouldn't be complete until they saw this movie. So, off to Blockbuster I go only to be met with inept staff that try to give me some 1979 version and and then other one, the 90's one that has Chris O'Donnell in it so after my brain oozing out of my ear there from lack of an understanding staff. [see, when I say ''hey, Disney has rerelased and updated 3 Musketeers and it was released on Tuesday, do yall have it?" I really, really am not talking about the 1979 version nor the one with Chris O'Donnell...but anyway --renting movies should not drain the staff nor the renter of their mental prowess...but anyway...] What was I saying...oh yeah, so I called yesterday, just to see if either they'd had a bunch of competent new hires, or the old workers had lobotomies or if you know, maybe they'd had a huge demand for the rental of the rereleased and updated Disney version of the 3 Musketeers and so they ran out and stocked their shelves. And they said, ''yes we have it, but not to rent we only got copies to sell'' Um, ok. Thanks.
And now I have 3 cups of coffee in me and the world doesn't seem quite so daunting so I'm off to peruse blogs, blogs that I know all of you have updated just for me. :)
Good Friday to ya. :)
Friday, August 27, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cheri, have *you* signed up for Bloglines? Do you know what it is? I discovered it quite by accident and it is fabulous for keeping up with updated blogs!
How much coffee are we talking about now, almost 2 hours later? I am avoiding the Diet Coke that my hubby bought me last night. I love the stuff but I absolutely won't drink any water if DC is in the house!
Hope you have a faboo (is that a word?) day!!!
My Friday got off to a similar start! Except that nobody seems to post much on their blogs on Fridays. :( Not that I can talk, since I'm on hiatus!
Hey Cheri, I've been hearing wonderful things about you and thought I would pop on over and introduce myself. I'm Cathie Jo, one of the WAH's. I'm so glad I did, you are a hoot girl. And it's soooo early... Love, Cathie Jo
Post a Comment