Thursday, August 19, 2004

Argh.....

Ok at this point I have to either choose joy or go back to bed and declare it a 'do over' and start the day brand new. See I woke this morning at 9 a.m. that is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate in my world my friends. Considering Nathan is up by 7 each day. Well I wake up with Daniel and Elijah snuggled up and I look at the clock and immediately panic. See, Nathan gets up and if I'm not up already he wakes me, to ask if he can play playstation (in his room) or watch tv in my room or whatever. So to wake up and him not to have said anything kinda gave me an onmious feeling. And well, it was all warranted. I called him and he didn't come...called him again, he didn't come. Finally he comes to my room with his hands behind his back (oh great). Oh he had accidentally colored each of his fingernails perfectly with a black permanent marker. Mind you this was an accident. So I explained to him that he would now have that on his fingernails till it wore off, yada yada yada. So I tell him to go put the marker away and then he came back and I asked him "Did you mark on the dining room table" "no, mam". Ok, so downstairs I go and begin to make breakfast (yeah, so what, it was cocoa pebbles...) only to look at my dining room table to see BLACK PERMANENT MARKER oh oh and lookie there, there is a pretty black arrow ON MY FRONT DOOR ooooooo and another on two of the CERAMIC TILES. So no, my head didn't explode, I didn't spew forth green foam or pack Nathan into a Chinese takeout box. I fixed him breakfast he ate and he is now sitting on his bed. I'm still trying to find a happy place. [let me also insert here that this is *completely* and totally out of character for Nathan--completely]

At this point I need to laud the glories of the Mr. Clean magic eraser. There is no evidence that there was ever black marker in my house.

Which really is a good thing.


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I admit, I laughed a little. :-) But what a way to start the day!

Hope the rest of the day goes better... :-)

Holly said...

This post should be a commercial for the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I am sooo going to buy one now!


I laughed too :-) Thanking God it wasn't my house ;-)