Monday, August 02, 2004

Various & Sundry Monday Ramblings...

[Jennifer D, are you reading this...did you see that title? Do you know what one of my first thoughts was upon deciding what to title this entry? Should I put various and sundry, or six of one a half dozen of another. Do you remember that conversation from TMC???[edited to add] --Feeling pretty certain I have my cliches mixed up, because the two here don't mean the same thing...anyway I remember a conversation involving 6 of 1, half dozen of another with you Jen.--yes this was on my mind the whole time I was exercising-- :)]

[Anyway]

I had to go to walmart first thing this morning. We were out of milk and Donald picked up the wrong coffee creamer when he shopped.

Elijah pitched the mother of all temper tantrums about having to go with me and not staying to eat oatmeal with his brothers.

In the midst of the tantrum I stopped at McDonalds and got him a sausage mcgriddle (it came with a hashbrown and a drink too)

My 22 month old ate every last bite of everything that was in that bag. --oink--

This after eating pasta, english peas and chicken for super last night.

Me thinks he's having a growth spurt.

Nathan's latest aspiration is to be in the World's Strongest Man competition.

Daniel's lastes aspiration is to convince me that he CAN ride a skateboard and so a spiderman skateboard would be the perfect purchase for his 4th birthday day at the end of this month. He however is getting THIS.

Elijah is obviously aspiring to eat us out of house and home.

We are going home in October. --woo hoo-- [oh my stars Mt. Yonah is on the homepage...more TMC memories, Yonah burger. :D

We are entering birthday zone here in the Brorsen household.

Daniel turns 4 on August 29th.

Nathan turns 6 on September 11th.

Elijah turns 2 on October 16th.

I'm going to have to do a lot of shopping in order to prep for our trip home. That is the only problem with living in perpetual summer. You have to actually buy winter clothes when you visit Georgia. (which sounds funny reading that because I never really thought of GA as a cool weather place)

I also have to get the boys'huntin' clothes' for when we go home. NO they don't have guns. NO they don't actually shoot a gun while hunting. But YES, my boys love to go out in the woods with their daddy or poppy and hunt. Daniel most especially. I have a picture of Nathan from when he was around 2.5. He was watching his Tom Miranda hunting video, had his gun (don't send me email's please, really, don't-it's not a real gun, it is however kept in a real gun case and we have hard and fast rules about what is to be shot (deers rabbits turkey's and squirrels.) and had fallen asleep in Daniel's bouncy seat. I may just attach that to this entry.

I can't believe it's August.

Can you tell I'm procrastinating about exercising today???

Ok...let me do that, more later. :)



After a long day hunting, the hunter needs a rest.  Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Holly said...

That's it! I'm calling CPS ;-) Can't you at least let the kid sleep in the bed??

Where are you from in GA? You can email me if you don't want to post here.

Maria said...

I love your boys names. All Biblical. My son's name often gets confused with Elijah its really Elisha but we call him Eli.