Monday, August 30, 2004

Birthdays and Schooldays...

Posted by Hello


That's the picture Nathan made for Daniels birthday =) He asked me how to spell "Happy Birthday" and so I gave him a greeting card that had it all spelled out...well you'll notice he tried to do some bubbly looking letters...heh, he was trying to copy the card. There is also a gift and a heart with Nathan beside it...and then a balloon and um, I guess that is a birthday man/alien/whatever there next to the balloon. :) Cute huh :)

We start kindergarten tomorrow here at LivingStones Academy. I'm excited and nervous and Nathan seems to be looking forward to it. We are using a Lit based curriculum which I think will be absolutely perfect for our kindergarten journey. It is based on great books , mostly classics and there are so many suggestions for pulling in different subjects and yet tying it all back to the book you are reading. This week we will be reading "The Story of Ping", studying China, eating with chopsticks, learning about different styles of drawing/illustration, studying buoyancy, and ducks...and that all ties back into the story. :) Of course we'll do daily handwriting, math and we are studying the US States and doing a phonics based reading curriculum. I'm excited to start this journey and can't wait to see the progress we make.

All that to say with it being the first week and with Donald being off Monday and Tuesday I probably won't post till Wednesday or later. I hope yall have a great week. And thanks so much for all the birthday wishes and comments regarding Daniels day. Let me say again I have a great group of readers. :)

1 comment:

Maria said...

Enjoy this kindergarten journey. It is such a fun year!