Thursday, August 05, 2004

Homework

From Carrie's


Do you have a supply of unhappy, separated socks in your house? If not, why not? If so, how long do you wait for them to reconcile before issuing a decree of divorce and throwing them out? Any ideas for using odd socks that don't involve wiggly eyes, felt tongues and woolly hair? Finally, do you have a theory as to where all the odd socks go?

No I don't. I for a long time used the big safety pins and when the socks came off they got pinned. They were washed and dried with the pin and so they were automatically mated. It really isn't much work and totally eliminates stray socks. I haven't done that in a while though. Now if I find a stray sock, it stays on top of the dryer for a few loads and then it is thrown away if the mate never turns up. I have no idea what to do with left over socks...I've heard of dusting with them, but I say just get rid of them and save yourself the clutter of finding a use for them. :) I'm sure there is a convention each year of the mateless socks. They meet, hook up with another mateless sock and go on to live happy productive, though non matching lives. ;)

No comments: