Thursday, August 05, 2004

Tweeking...

I did a little tweeking to the list of reads over there. I added a few that are new to me under the ''recently came across''. I moved some up from there to the ''read these too'' section. Finally I took Dana (Think Pink) and Heather off and added a link to the WAH site. From that site you can access all the ladies blogs of the WAH and really since I'm now reading all their blogs it was just easier to add one big link instead of putting them all individually. :)

Now that is done and I can blab. :)

Anybody seen the commercial for that new Dairy Queen Brownie Blizzard? It's really funny, the guy is licking the mixer and turns it on, catches his tongue...ha ha ha. :) Well the boys love that commercial of course and it prompted them to just have to have one of those blizzards. SO on Tuesday we went to TWO different Dairy Queen's in order to get them one of them...and well, they were, um, OUT OF BROWNIES? Ok, let me go through this. I have a 3 and 5 year old that want these. While they understand one store being out of brownies (wouldn't that be like one of the main ingredients in said blizzard???...and how to you run out of brownies, really?) but TWO stores. Do you know how much fun that was? Telling my kids that yes we're here in the second Dairy Queen in a 15 minute span. Yes, the brownie blizzard IS as a matter of fact the blizzard of the month. Yes, there are posters all over this establishment promoting said blizzard in an effort to get you to purchase it. So yes, let's do, let's order it. Oh but wait. THEY ARE OUT OF BROWNIES TOO. We ended up going to walmart next door (did you read that DQ) and buying chocolate ice cream (sidenote Blue Bell has Cantaloupe and Cream ice cream...uh, gag) and some little debbie brownies (did you read that novel idea DQ...walmart NEXT DOOR has premade brownies...that could solve your no brownie issue) and came home and let them boys make their own blizzards. They actually just decided to make sundae's. The boys were happy and so the night was saved. No thanks to the non brownie having Dairy Queen.

No comments: