Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Stranger Danger

Liz talked about something Jake did the other morning...this morning I had my own little scare.

So this morning I was vacumming upstairs, Donald was upstair reading. Nathan and Daniel were sitting at the dining room table coloring and Elijah was playing with toys. I came down and Daniel informs me ''we let that worker guy in''. So I look out the window and I see where they have the sprinklers set out. So I'm thinking the boys were watching our maintainence guys work out on the grounds (we live in a gated complex with lots of flowers and palms etc) Um, NO, my 3 yr old unlocked the doorknob lock and TWO dead bolts and let the maintainence guy in to change our air conditioner filter. OH MY STARS. Do you have any idea how many times we have discussed stranger danger? I almost always say ''don't answer the door, don't answer the phone'' before I run upstairs. I've emphatically told them over and over and yet, because Daniel recognized one of of maintainence men, he opened the door and let him in to change the filter. Nathan was quick to say ''but momma I'm the oldest brother and I will protect them'' Such a sweet and protective big brother, he doesn't even realize how powerless he would be in a real situation. Anyway, so Donald and I both went over the rules again. Reminded them to NOT OPEN THE DOOR FOR ANYONE unless Momma or Daddy is there to tell them it's ok. Frightening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, that sure is scary. What did the guy say? Was he surprised that oen of the kids let him in?