Yes, I went all by myself to get groceries this morning. Now, see that may not seem like a big deal. But when you are a stay at home mom...oh it is, it is. :) Don't get me wrong I'll run out to grab milk and bread or I'll run to Target and grab something here and there. But I have never gone to the grocery store alone since having kids. But with Daniel and Elijah still in quarantine they couldn't go. (For what its worth, we usually all go grocery shopping...yes Donald included -- sometimes he'll take Nathan or Daniel (or both) and they'll get half the list (and of course since I am surrounded by testosterone it always turns into a ''lets beat momma'' competition) and I'll get the other half. Other times we just all do it together and the boys help look for the various things we need and mark them off the list. Anyway, Donald didn't want to get up at crack o' dawn thirty and go get groceries, so off I went. Now, our pantry is full and that dreaded task is done for a couple more weeks.
I suppose this is where I break into the chorus :
(sung to the tune of that ol' camp favorite "I have decided to follow Jesus")
I have decided to follow Atkins,
I have decided to follow Atkins,
I have decided to follow Atkins,
No turning back, No turning back.
Though none go with me,
Still I will low carb.
Though none go with me,
Still I will low carb.
Though none go with me,
Still I will low carb.
No turning back, No turning back.
I suppose too, for accuracy, I should point out that honestly I'm not following ''Atkins''. I am cutting out white sugar and white flour. So lean meats, lots of veggies and fruits and whole grain breads and pastas. It is in essence a low carb plan (with the whole grains as opposed to white pasta and breads) and since Atkins is synonymous with low carb I decided to place it in my ditty. I mean the song would have lost it's snap if I wrote "I have decided to cut out sugar and white flour", now wouldn't it?
I also am committing myself to exercise 6 or 7 days a week, starting today. So when the boys are down for quite time I will be doing Pilates. I keep waiting to be inspired to get into better shape. I keep waiting and well, we all know it's not going to happen. It's a choice I have to make, and I'll have to recommit everyday for the rest of my life. Today is just the first day in that journey.
Well, it's nearing quiet time so I need to go up and get the guys ready.
Hope your Monday is treating you well.
Monday, July 19, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment