Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Sniffling, Sneezing, Coughing, Aching....

Donald came in this morning telling me about this.

We have been very blessed in that our kids just don't get sick that often. By that I mean they go to the doctor each year for their checkup, and maybe once a year for a sickness that warrants antibiotics. Since we've moved here they've had two ''colds'' but now I'm beginning to think it is more allergy related than colds. Anyway, I've not used OTC cough meds, really. Nathan when he gets sick and even now with the allergies it always immediately goes to his chest and he has congestion. He always takes liquid Albuteral and Phenergan vc/with codeine syrup from the Dr. I have some of the Robitussin Pediatric Night Relief upstairs that I used last fall when they got sick, it worked well at taming the night time coughing but after checking it has the dextromethorphan. It also had two other active ingredients listed. I'm assuming the other two ingredients must have done some good. But then again it could be the fact that I bathe them with this, slather them up with this and prop them up on two pillows and run the humidifier when they get all coughy like that too. Interesting study.

No comments: