Any of you that listen to CCM heard the song by Greg Long, 15? I have to admit that I've caught snatches of it here and there the last few weeks in the van. I of course had the kids with me and so actually *hearing* the song didn't happen. But the other night Elijah and I had run to our second home (a.k.a. wal*mart) and on the way back in the bliss of one child riding along quietly I *heard* the song. And. Wow. Wow. Wow. Powerful meaning.
Continuing the theme of wanting to share about Jesus comes Fifteen. This song displays the desire and responsibility Greg feels for people to come to know Christ as their own personal Savior. This song is so convicting to me personally, but also it is meant to be an encouragement to us all. If it takes a person 15 times to hear about Jesus before they believe, what happens if I'm the fifteenth? Wow! We have to be constantly aware of sharing Christ with others. [from Greg Long's website]
Another song is the one by Mark Shults "Letters from War" It never fails when I hear this song I cry. Everytime.
She runs to the mailbox
On that bright summers day
Found a letter from her son
In a war far away
He spoke of the weather
And good friends that he'd made
Said I'd been thinking 'bout dad
And the life that he hthat'sThats why I'm here today
And that the end he said
You are what I'm fighting for
It was the first of the letters from war
She started writing
(Chorus)
Your good and your brave
What a father that you'll be someday
Bring him home
Bring him safe
She wrote everynight as she prayed
Late in December
A day she'll not forget
Oh her tears stained the paper
With every word that she read
It said I was up on a hill
I was out there alone
When the shots all rang out
And bombs were exploding
And thats when I saw him
He came back to me
And though he was captured
A man set me free
And that man was your son
He asked me to write to you
I told him i would oh I swore
It was the last of the letters from war
And she prayed he was living
Kept on believing and wrote every night just to say
(Chorus)
Then two years later
Autumn leaves all around
A car pulled in the driveway
And she fell to the ground
And out stepped a captain
Where her boy used to stand
Said mom I'm following orders
From all of your letters
And I've come home again
He ran into hold her
And dropped all his bags on the floor
Holding all of her letters from war
Bring him home
Bring him home
Bring him home
[and just so you know, I cried reading these lyrics...sap, that I am]
Oh and obviously Selah's has made a cover of "You Raise Me Up". I love Josh Groban's version and I think Selah did a good job of covering it too. :) But then again I'm quite partial to Selah. I absolutely love their testimony and their music.
Now on to the why oh why oh why song. And that my friend would be the country song "Redneck Woman" It's by Gretchen somebody and I'm not linking to any site related. LOL Why in the world would you want to sing about being proud of having Christmas lights on display all year long? Why would you, really? Is that something in which to take pride? The whole song escapes me. Now I'm fairly far from foo foo (ah, ha illeration lol) but why one would want the title of 'redneck woman' is beyond me. :)
All is quiet in the household currently. Donald came in from work this a.m. and we went to Target and roamed around and then had lunch at McDonald's. (Remember that rant about McDonald's making you fat a while back? I still stand by it, and for the life of me I don't under stand this huge ''revelation'' that is coming to these people via the documentary ''Supersize Me') The boys are napping and considering it's almost 4:00 I need to wake them up, lest they have enough sleep to keep them up till midnight. :)
We hit the library today on the way home. Donald bought a few history books and I checked out Hilary Clinton's "Living History". So yeah, don't ask. I don't know why I'm reading it either. LOL I actually went to get Nancy Reagan's books "My Turn" but it was out. I think thought I might just read all the biographies of the First Ladies. OH and yes I have Anna Karenina, sitting there on the nightstand...waiting. I'll read it. Eventually. :)
Hope yall are having a good Tuesday.
Tuesday, June 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment