Weeping may endure for the night...
but JOY comes in the moring. At least that's the promise of God's Word. It's been a tough day today. Nothing big or looming. Just one of those days where the black cloud is *right there* over your head, waiting to pour rain at any given moment. I think this feeling/blah day comes on the heels of my resolve to seek out JOY and to put forth the effort to begin to show JOY in *all* of my circumstances. You know, it's just not hard to smile and wallow in God's goodness when things are going along smoothly. The challenge is maintaining that same level of bliss when NOTHING is going right. I'm not saying we can't have bad days. Far from it. God gave us emotions. But faith is a hard thing to grasp at times. Even after being a Christian for over 20 years I still have moments where my flesh cries out ''this is too hard''. I know many think 'faith' is a crutch and I won't argue against others position. Maybe I am weak? But I cannot imagine going through life without *knowing* that even on the darkest of days that God is accessible to me. He has a plan for my life. That even on days like today when all I can see is the black cloud and all I can think about is ''what is going to happen next'' that I know, that I know, that I know, that regardless of what does happen...it has passed through his approval and He is doing it to grow my faith and deepen my relationship with Him.
I know that, I do, but on days like today I sure let it rob me of my joy.
Friday, June 04, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment