Thursday
Let's see. I slept in just a little bit this morning. Donald is off today so he got up with the boys. We headed out and ended up going down to Brownsville and having lunch at Taco Palenque...yum. We went to the mall where Donald got a book on Lewis and Clark (a book he's been wanting and it was on the clearance table to boot -yay-) The boys were facinated by a dry ice fountain at the hallmark store...which was nice, it distracted them enough to let really look at all the Willowtree stuff and add even more to my wishlist. Its funny. I've always been anti collector/nicknaky stuff but I am drawn to those figures. I really want the nativity to display this Christmas.
My 31st birthday is Monday. Thirty-one. How did that happen? I don't place a lot of emphasis on age. Turning thirty didn't really ''bother'' me, like it does some folks. But as I do get older it's just odd. I don't feel thirty. I still have moments of social awkwardness like when I was 12...I still feel intimidated [at times] around ''real adults''...I hear teens/youth address me as they would an adult and I catch myself thinking, ''oh oh, they are talking to *me*'' LOL I have 3 children, my oldest will be SIX in September. I have an almost 6 year old. That really doesn't make sense. I remember seeing a movie a long time ago and there was an older gentlemen talking with a younger woman. I don't remember the name of the movie. I just know he was in the hospital and was talking to the nurse. The nurse is bantering back and forth with the man, and he makes a statement about ''only his body was old, his mind was still 23'' or something along those lines. I find myself identifying with that more and more. I have no idea if my thoughts are conveying what I'm trying to explain.
With all that said, I'm about to embark on better health. I'm really trying to psych myself up for this. :) I've always dealt with weight issues. Now looking back I realize a lot of them were not real issues when I thought they were. But now, I'm almost 31 and I'm in the worse physical shape and health of my life. It is time to make a change. Sure cute clothes are always a good motivator. But I have kiddos. I want to teach them through example about a healthy lifestyle. I am also tired of feeling rundown. I have been very healthy in my past. I was a cheerleader in college, I've done step aerobics on a 12 inch step, I've walked 5 miles in just a smidge over an hour daily. But see thats all in the past. You wouldn't look at me now and see any of that. Health is not something that you think when you see me. LOL I'm ready to feel strong again. I'm ready to commit to this being a lifetime journey.
I bought Anna Karenina today. So yeah, it's an Oprah's book choice (shaddup lol)I'm not an avid watcher of Oprah, nor have I been following her book club selections. But I did notice it yesterday when I was at Walmart, and well it is a classic and it's shorter than War and Peace (that is one *big* book lol). I'm trying to read the ''must have read'' books. I've read a lot of them, but I'm going to be going back and rereading a lot of them. Well a lot of them, except Beawolf. Ewwwwwww. H.A.T.E.D that, ick. My friends hubby is an honors English teacher here and one of his favorite stories is Beawolf. (did I mention ick, yuck, ugh???) I was talking with him, and he was like ''But Cheri, you can identify so much of Christ in the writing'' to which I responded ''um, let's not bring Jesus into Beawolf, mmm ok'' But anyway I digress. I'd be content to read my Little Women and Jane Austins complete novels over and over. But that wouldn't make for a very well rounded reader huh? So...I'm about to delve into Anna. We'll see how it goes.
I've tried to link to Dana over in my ''reads'' section before but for some reason it didn't go through. I really enjoy Dana's writings and she is just a really neat person. So, if your in a roaming mood go check her out. And since my ''link'' won't work, go here: http://think_pink.typepad.com
And with that I'm going upstairs to play Transformers with my boys, all four of them. :)
Thursday, June 03, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment