As seen at Melyssa's
1. Bed & Breakfast or hotel?
****hotel
2. What determines where you stay?(i.e. price, accommodations, transportation, travel package)
****probably a combination of price/accommodations when in the vacation setting. When we do long drives like back to GA or when we lived in GA and would drive to TX. We usually stay at a Motel 6. In my experience they are small, but have always been very clean and allowed for pets (and we used to often travel with Kudzu). In a circumstance where we are stopping at 11 and getting up at 5 or 6 to get back on the road, I don't need mints on the pillows, a sitting area or deluxe accommodations. I need a clean room, and a shower. :) In the vacation sense, I like a bit more ''fluff'' but I'm not willing to pay $300 a night for a HOTEL ROOM. I don't care who owns it, who's stayed there and if they sprinkle lavender mist on the pillows to ward off bad dreams. Its a place to sleep for crying out loud..lets not confuse ourselves by thinking what brand of shampoo is in those little complementary bottles is really important. And really if you think I'm wearing that bathrobe, HA, no thanks I don't care if you washed it 10 times. :)
3. When determining where to stay, do you ever consider the establishment's history? (i.e. it might be haunted, location of high profile crime)
****This has never been applicable, but I don't think I would take it into consideration. I'm not going to say in a bad area of town or in a place that is nasty not well kept, period.
4. Would such considerations sway your decision?
****Not sway I don't' suppose, but like I said above I'm not staying in some yucky place regardless of who stayed there in its heyday or who frequents it. :)
5. Do you try and read the local paper for where you're visiting, to get an idea of what the area's like?
****I read the paper by default if they have one I read it, but not to find out about the area...although that is the end result, no?
Monday, June 28, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment