Saturday, June 05, 2004

Goodbye, Mr. President

"When the Lord calls me home...I will leave with the greatest love for this country of ours and eternal optimism for its future," he wrote on November 5, 1994. "I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead."


[addendum]
I think tomorrow we will watch Bedtime for Bonzo The boys really like that movie and we haven't watched it since we've moved here.

I've been reading various blogs and media coverage and it just makes me sad. President Reagan had lived a full life. He was incredibly loved by his wife and family and from all accounts he was born again. His life now, on the other side is far more wonderful than it was here on earth. The President, is in the presence of the King. I was young during his presidency. I wasn't old enough to vote until the 1992 elections. But I remember him well. He's the president of my childhood. I think my sadness comes from reading about Nancy and how hard this must have been on her. From all accounts they had an enduring relationship of great admiration and love. To watch the person you love and have loved for so long...no longer know you or return that sentiment must be heart wrenching. My thoughts and prayers are with them tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~

"The house we hope to build is not for my generation but for yours. It is your future that matters. And I hope that when you are my age, you will be able to say as I have been able to say: We lived in freedom. We lived lives that were a statement, not an apology." ---Ronald Reagan

~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you Mr. President for a job well done.


And if your apt to wonder. www.binaryroadtrip.com www.lexxiblog.lexxicon.net/

No comments: