One thing I am learning living here on the border is that a towheaded child is going to do well to have any hair on their head by adulthood. Why, you ask? Well I'm not exactly sure. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with them being ''good luck'' or 'blessed' or something. But imagine my sheer delight EVERYTIME we go places (most specifically Walmart, getting groceries) that people walk by our buggy and proceed to tussle my children's hair. :) I have THREE children...all various shades of blonde...this happens everytime...at least once...most times two or three times. At first it was kind of disconcerting and the boys were like ''um, momma why are they doing that?'' Now they are completely used to it and just smile back.
Other than our trip to walmart for foodstuffs our day was spent around the house. Donald made pico de gallo when we got home. It's in the fridge doing its thing till tomorrow. I'm going to make homemade refried beans and fajita fixings and we have guacamole and chips. And cake...the boys picked out my cake ;) They had seen a cake the other day...it was decorated to look like a hamburger w/ fries. Well they said that is what they wanted to get for me. I told them we would look and we'd have to pick from what they had in the shop. Well no hamburger cake this year. ;) I didn't want to get a big cake, cause to much in the end would be wasted. So they settled on a yellow cake with chocolate buttercream icing with sprinkles.
Tomorrow starts the summer session at LivingStones Academy. I had planned to start a couple of weeks ago, but with my parents coming I didn't want to start then immediately take a weeks hiatus. Nathan is excited about learning to read and I'm excited to see him began to learn how also.
Well, now that I am fighting a certain 20 month old for the keyboard I'm going to sign off for the night.
Sunday, June 06, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment