Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Feeling Froggy

We just made origami frogs. :)

What fun. Daniel gets a magazine called Nature Friend each month. It is a wonderful Christian based magazine. If you have kids this is a great magazine. This month they had instructions for making origami frogs and the boys decided last night that was to be the activity for today. They got up from their nap and we did them. It was so fun. To see a plain sheet of paper turn into a ''frog''

Now, the boys are watching Popeye and I'm working on Mt. St. Neverest (a.k.a. laundry pile). Speaking of laundry. Those spiderman shirts I bought the other day, they've become the 'must wear' item. Now really I've never ever never dealt with this before, ever. I've read in parenting magazines, I've talked with other parents, but I've never had my kids have an item they wanted to wear over and over. Those days have come to a screeching halt...they want to wear them, sleep in them, wear them the next day, sleep in them, ad nausaeum. I humored them the first night, letting them try them on when I got back that evening and sleep in them and yes (gasp) they wore them the next day. But then they wanted to sleep in them that night and I saw that I had created a monster. We threw them in the laundry hamper and because I've gone a two days without doing any laundry other than towels, they got buried (thank you Lord) but I just started laundry and what do you think Nathan said to me ''spiderman shirts?'' and I said, ''um, ah, well, um, oh ok go get them and we'll wash them for tomorrow'' So Spidey is currently bathing in Tide with bleach, he'll be conditioned with Downey and followed up with an invigorating tango with a bounce sheet...ready for 3 more days of constant wear. :)

And let me again mention (have I before?) my love for the Dollar Tree. Donald ran in their this morning (he has recently picked up 3 hardback reads there) to check on a new shipment of books. He came out bookless but with 3 new DVD's. Popeye, Woody Woodpecker and Mighty Mouse. The boys are in heaven. And we're only out $3. :)

No comments: