Grace and Mercy -- those words so easily flow off my lips. The are very conditioned into my psyche. Unmerited Favor, think about that for a minute, unmerited favor. He paid a debt he did not owe and extended grace, mercy and relationship toward me. All I have to do is accept it. The rub comes when those words that are so easily ingrained in me, have to be carried out. To say I should walk in grace and mercy is quite simple actually. I can even give you scripture to back it up and sound oh so holy while I do it. But to have to live that out, moment by moment, that's different isn't it? We can extend mercy and grace to those who we think 'deserve' it, but that murderer or rapist or child mo|estor, I'm all about JUSTICE and VENGEANCE. [I do believe God is a just God. I do believe that there are consequences that we pay for bodily because of sin.] But the fact that God, holy, righteous, perfect God extends his grace and mercy to EVERYONE, regardless of past, transgressions matter not. His grace and mercy are there, for you, for me. Unmerited favor. What a humbling thought. What an awesome responsibility to live out.
Ok. I'll admit the obvious. I'm politically conservative. And I'm being very honest here. I'm not trying to be myopic. I just don't see how when terrorist support your movie that doesn't send you a message. Am I being a simpleton? For a terrorist network to see your movie as something they want to endorse, doesn't that convey the message that they want us to believe what's on that movie as truth? And if the movie is truth and we rid Washington of the Bush administration, then the terrorist will be pleased? Should we be pleased that terrorist are pleased???
How does wearing a covering so that your identity is shielded somehow make you brave and a warrior for your religion?
A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
Mahatma Ghandi
Thursday, June 24, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment