Monday, June 28, 2004

All in a days work...

[I have a whole thought process/post regarding telephone poles and toothpicks (or the mote and speck of biblical thought) I just need to think it through a bit more.]

Today has been busy so far, and only promises to stay that way. I got up and did the usual stuff. I fixed the boys breakfast and unloaded the dishwasher while they ate, then reloaded after they finished. I used the floormate on the downstairs. I cannot even express my love for that machine. ;) When we first moved here I averaged mopping the floor twice a day. Then I started mopping once a day and using the swiffer wets once a day. It was the bane of my existence, these tile floors. But I got the Hoover Floormate and while I still am not crazy about the tile floors...I love how easy it is to keep them cleaned now, without having to continually mop, swiffer, mop, swiffer, mop, swiffer. When we buy a house or if we build, I would still like tile. However I *do not* want WHITE tile. Ugh.

While I did all the downstairs floors I built the boys a fort with quilts and the chairs from the dining room table. They of course had a blast. I remember being a kid and my mom doing that...I can remember being probably 9 or and still doing it...but by that time I had advanced. I would use a sheet and a fan. The fan would blow the sheet and I would use something to weight down the far corners...I'd get a book and read in there for hours. :)

The boys just finished up a lunch of pasta/garlic bread/english peas/mandarin oranges & pineapple. Nathan is doodling at the table and Daniel is watching Little Bear on Noggin. Elijah is switching between sitting on the bean bag watching Little Bear and getting toys out of the toy basket.

It's almost time for quiet time and time for Donald to get up. I still have to scrub the stove and do a few loads of laundry. Domestic bliss. :)

Hope Monday is treating you well.

[addendum]

I forgot to add that I scrubbed the dining room table and chairs down completely. Legs, sides, every nook and cranny. There is nary a crumb in any crevice on any portion of that table or chairs. :) Nathan and Daniel also added a new chore each today. Nathan now wipes the table after meals and Daniel wipes down the chairs. :)

No comments: