Weekend Recap
Donald worked. :)
That was easy, huh? See when you have one vehicle and your hubby's schedule has his ''weekends'' fall during the week, you really don't do much on the 'actual' weekend. :)
Oh Dana found out she's having a girlie girl at her ultrasound last week...congrats to yall...and have *fun* buying all that pink stuff. I'm telling you should we have another child and should it be a girl...whoa be unto the girls department I will buy SO MUCH GIRL'S stuff it will make heads spin and cash registers explode from all the purchases. LOL
I'm doing a really good bible study, I just started it a couple of weeks ago. It's Living Beyond Yourself by Beth Moore, it's a study on the Fruit of the Spirit and I'm also starting another online bible study soon called ''Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit'' I know God has much in store for me in that one, since I'm neither meek nor quiet ;)
Oh I got my hair chopped off Thursday. Got about 12 inches cut off....wooooooo hoooooooo, I'm lovin it as the ol' McDonalds commericals say. :)
AND speaking of McDonalds (I mean I just did...so that was as good a segue as any, right???) why oh why do people sue the likes of McDonalds because they are fat and have heart disese/high blood pressure/diabetes etc. I mean REALLY, REALLY are you going to try and tell me that when you were taking a big ol' bit of that quarter pounder and the grease was puddling up on the paper below (or on your pants leg, if you were driving down the road after hitting the drive thru...lol) you somehow thought that wasn't going to lead to clogged arteries down the line??? REALLY??? And the whole phasing out of the super size meal things (just read about this in US News last week) WHAT, now people don't have to be responsible for how much they eat, so we are going to play guide and just not offer them any other choice in a hope that they won't order TWO??? See, folks I'm not a skinny girl...and I dont' blame my weight on anyone other than myself. Sure maybe genetics play into it, to some degree. Maybe having 3 babies in 4 years does too. BUT I and I alone make the food choices I make. I go to McDonalds I look at the menu and I have a choice I can chose an grilled chicken salad (with lite dressing) or sandwich (w/no mayo) and both are decent meal choices...or *I* can choose a big ol' quarter pounder with fries and a big ol' super sized drink. I MAKE THOSE CHOICES...not McDonalds...geeze folks. Lets take responsiblity for how we live and quit making other people responsible. Its not like mean ol' Ronald McDonald stands there chanting ''you will get the double cheeseburger..super sized please, you will get the double cheese burger super sized please'' And personally this WHOLE rant (other than the fact I really think it's quite ludicrous that people want to blame others/resturants/fast food chains for their bad choices) is that I REALLY like getting a super sized drink. I can nurse that baby for a good two hours. But go ahead, take that big ol' size away, otherwise I might be tempted to sue McDonalds too....but WAIT, shouldn't drinking THAT much coke, make one have to make many many trips to the restroom, thus encouraging activity, thus boosting your metabolism, thus burning calories, thus losing weight...
ok ok, I'll stop...but really,,,,
Oh found out today my friend M will be moving to Alaska by November. Her hubby is Air Force (think I mentioned them in a previous post) and he will be stationed there. They are very excited since that is the duty station they wanted...and hubby is excited because he wants to go salmon fishing...so hopefully we'll go up to visit in a couple of years or so.
Hubby won me a CD over the weekend. :) He was listening to some christian talk radio show and they were interviewing Dennis Jernigin. Donald called in, talked to him a bit and got his new CD to boot. YAY, new praise and worship. :)
I've been thinking about the boys Easter baskets for the last few days. We do the Easter basket and color eggs on Saturday. We do the resurrection eggs and also resurrection rolls on Sunday...just trying to keep things in perspective, KWIM? Anyway...I think I'm getting them ball caps and then will fill them up with stuff. For Nathan I'm thinking a watch (simple, digital, walmart $6.96 special...lol) the boy LOVES reading the clock and knowing what time it is. :), a new Mr. Henry CD, the Steven Curtis Chapman CD with "King of the Jungle'' on it, some bubbles, a new toothbrush and a nestle wonderball (Nathan is just not a candy kind of kid...I promise he'd pick fruit anyday over candy :) Daniel will be the Veggie Tales Easter DVD, a couple of new Hot Wheels and a book and then bubbles and candy (he is a HUGE candy boy :) Granted, they will share the dvd, the cds. :) Elijah is getting a hat too, but not to sure what I'm going to fill in his with. He lacks for very little, since he is the third boy...we have most everything out there...but I'll find something.
Whew...well that should catch you up reasonalbly on the going ons around here.
Hope everyone has a GREAT week.
Monday, March 29, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment