Saturday, April 10, 2004

Resurrection Weekend

We don't have any plans for this weekend. Donald is working days right now and so he is gone from 5 am till at least 4pm. That eats up the majority of the day considering he has to come home and get a uniform ready, boots shined, showered and in bed in order to get enough sleep. This is probably my least favorite shift...but really, all things considered I shouldn't complain.

We won't be able to go to church in the morning. I guess that is what is making me sad. Church is such a part of my life. There has never been a time when I didn't go to church. I especially love church at Easter. I grew up going to sunrise services on Easter. There is something about being out at daybreak, with the mist in the air and the dew still on the grass. Soemthing about singing Up From the Grave He Arose in the early morning. I sit here now, so thankful for a Savior who loves me with outend...who is faithful even when I am faithless. ---Up from the grave He arose, with a mighty triumph ore His foes. He arose a victor from the dark domain and He lives forever with His saints to reign. He arose, He arose, hallalujah Christ Arose--

Also highlighting my indroduction into Christian music in the 80's. I have a Sandy Patti song that I always relate to Easter. "Was It a Morning Like This'' and then of course "He's Alive''

If I had my choice I'd be at the beach in the morning as the sun rose...the vastness of the ocean always reminds me of just how big God is...and I think that would be a beautiful way to celebrate the resurrection of my Savior. But that won't happen this year. But really while that would be nice I'm just thankful that regardless of where I reflect up His resurrection, the He did indeed arise. He paid a debt He did not owe, so that I could go free, so that I could know the love that knows no end. Praise God for the wonderful gift of his son Jesus.

Wonderful Easter wishes to you and your family.


No comments: