Friday, April 09, 2004

It's Friday lets see how many memes we can do :)

Found over at Portrait in Linen


1. How do you save on ground beef? Do you buy the cheapest packages? Or do you buy the best meat and use it less often?

****Honestly we don't use a lot of ground beef. We tend to eat more chicken. When I buy ground beef I buy the family packs that are usually 4-5 lbs. I buy the ground chuck...it's like 92/8. I bring it home and separate it out into freezer bags and that will easily last us a month. Unless we are doing sloppy joes (thats the only thing I can think of right off) if we are using ground beef, the recipe gets about 1/2 a lb of meat. (does that make sense?)


2. What do you think is the cheapest way to make spaghetti? Jar sauce, can sauce, envelope sauce, or homemade sauce?

****Honestly I've never done the cost compairson. I'm picky about sauce though. I dont' like sweet sauces. We use the Hunts canned with mushrooms. Its 97¢ at stuffmart (aka walmart) When we do homemade ravioli we use Donalds moms ravioli sauce recipe


3. What's the one meal that stretches the absolute farthest and costs the least?

****Probably my pasta strogonoff :)



4. Which is more economical: napkins, paper towels, or cloth napkins?

****We have paper towels. I've never bought napkins regularly. If we are eating something particularly drippy/sticky I just use hand towels in place of paper towels. :) I'm sure Emily Post is spinning at the thought of a kitchen hand towel being used to tidy ones face after supper...but well, Emily I've got three boys that don't give two hoots about etiquette.


5. How do you buy toilet paper? What makes the most difference: ply, sheets-per-roll, or cost?

****That would be Charmin double roll, thank you. And there is just no changing that. We buy the 12 roll packs. I'm not one that only buys name brands...BUT there are certain things that I do...toilet paper is one of them...so Charmin it is. Also I buy those moist wipes and keep them in all the bathrooms for the kiddos...life savers those little gems are. :)


Found this one over at Brandy's
Name a song that...

reminds you of your youth

****The first song that came to mind was "Summer of 69" by Bryan Adams (?)...for some reason I always associate that song with the summer I started driving. I remember scooting around town in the ol' red integra with the sun roof open and listening to that song. Another song that reminds me of my youth is by Truth "All That Is In Me'' I did a duet with a guy at church camp one summer and ended up buying the tape (yes kids, I was a teen before CD's LOL). Can I tell you a funny story that involves Truth? For those playing along at home, that may not know...Truth is a contemporary Christian music group. To be honest I haven't heard them put out anything in quiet a few years...but 4 Him were originally memebers of Truth. Oh and Truth has a constant turn over, I think (maybe) you only stay with them a few years then you move on. ANYWAY. I was at the Southern Baptist Convention in probably 1989. It was in New Orleans. I was going into 11th grade the next year so I was 16. My dad is a pastor, so he did all the actual convention stuff. My best friends (who are twins) dad is also a pastor...so we always went to the conventions together. Ok ok ok...really I'm getting to the story. :) So, we are in New Orleans, being cooler than cool. We are out one afternoon and we are so hyped up because that night for afterglow (a nightly concert after the convention activites) TRUTH is going to perform...wooo hooo. So we are eating lunch and there is the group of folks ordering along beside us and they are talking to us and we are being cool cool cool LOL. So we are exchanging general conversation and whatnot and proceed to end up sitting with these folks and chatting through lunch and of course we had to inform them that we were ''so like, I mean super duper excited about afterglow and seeing TRUTH'' (can you see where this is going???, or are you asleep at this point??? LOL) Anyway YEP you guessed it. We get to afterglow and as Truth walks out on stage and we are there in the front row, we slowly realize OH MY STARS in all of our coolness we neglected to realize we were EATING LUNCH with the members of TRUTH.



gives you the chills

****The song Nicole Mullins had out a couple of years ago "I Know My Redeemer Lives'' always does. "It Is Well With My Soul'' does because of the story behind the writing of that hymn.


makes you want to bang your head

****LOL I'm so not a head banger. The only song that I can think that would fit in this genre is "Come on Feel The Noise'' by...ummmm, maybe AC/DC or is it Quiet Riot?

you wish you knew the lyrics to

****I know the lyrics to most every song I've heard more than three times...it's the freakish ability I have. :)


makes you so upset you turn it off

****emotionally upset? I can't think of a song that I have that kind of attachment to, I can tolerate most any kind of music but gansta rap and most R&B so that would be what I turned off.

was/is 'your song' with someone else

****Colin Raye's "One Boy One Girl'' is our song :)

makes you want to dance

****Right now...it's ''Stand Up'' by Carmen and it's on our BLUR CD in the van. Nathan sits in the backseat just dancing like crazy when it comes on. In general "Brown Eyed Girl" always makes me happy

helps you heal after a breakup

****Someday by Mirah Carry (sp that seems so not right...) I don't like her music in general but this CD was given to me in college after a break up and I did listen and listen and wonder if that Someday would come...and girls and boys....it did...and in my high school vendicitive persona (that I keep at bay very well) I had to chuckle when it did. :)


your parents made you listen to

****My parents didn't listen to music in a ''sit down family and let us listen to music together'' kind of way :) My mom likes 50's and 60's music and my dad tends to listen to classical or talk radio. :)


ignites a specific memory

****Nathan's song is "You'll Be In My Heart'' by Phil Collins and Daniel's song is "Baby Mine'' the version on the "Oh Mickey Where Art Thou' CD (Disney songs done in bluegrass fashion) I haven't attached a song to Elijah yet...but honestly I tend to remember songs for lots and lots of events...so this would be a long answer if I started listing memories attached with songs. :)


you've dedicated to someone

****can't say that I've ever done that :)

you identify with

****All in All written by Dennis Jernigen and performed by lots of different folks always brings me to center. There is a line is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that always hits me. The song is No Better Place On Earth (than the road that leads to heaven) ...''now I know this road, has a final destination, but I also know that if you're only looking for the prize thats waiting, you'll miss so much along the waycause Jesus came to give us life in the here and now...



And of course the Friday Five


1. What do you do for a living?

****I am the chief operating officer of Brorsen Inc. :) I'm thankfully able to be a stay at home mom, and this fall we will being offically homeschooling too. I specialize in high speed diaper changes and being the fixer of all boo boo's

2. What do you like most about your job?

****getting to experience all those little moments with my kiddos

3. What do you like least about your job?

****those reeeeaaaalllllyyyyy loooooooong days, when all three have needs and I feel stretched and unable to meet those needs and end up feeling huge amounts of momma guilt.

4. When you have a bad day at work it's usually because _____...

****I don't like to say ''bad'' day because I know there are women that would take tons of bad days if they were able to stay home. But my stressful days are those like I mentioned above...when I feel pulled and stretched and each child needs something from me and I don't feel like I am able to meet any of their needs fully etc.

5. What other career(s) are you interested in?

****Nursing has always really interested me and it's something I am considering down the line.


Ok...I'm not even going back up and reading and proofing this...so please excuse the spelling and run ons that I'm sure are abundant. :)



No comments: